Monday, September 24, 2012

The Thing Called Family Pt. 1

The virtual world of Secondlife is a platform that can give you many things. It can give you sex, a job, a whole new style of life, it can even give you a family. I've  mentioned Bloodlines before, and alot of times, from my view, clans of the BL's world are a family, very tightly close knit and willing to do anything for each other. When I first started playing BL's and joined my former clan Tear of the Phoenix, I had no idea how many new people I would meet. But slowly, I met each and every one of them, and they touched my life in ways that I never thought anyone would. We'd chat about things like a family would, stick up for each other when it seemed like harm would come. It wasn't long before I truly came to see them like my family. After some drama, things changed and when I came back from a crazy little mess up, I was walking into a family of new and old people. It was a different feeling, but it was still family and I latched on, hook, line and sinker.

Now, why do we do that, taking on the people that touch us so deeply near our heart, and making them our family? Is it because we're trying to fill a desire? Or is it just because there truly is the feeling of family there? I personally think both can apply, depending on the situation. For some, they don't have that family atmosphere that they want, so they turn to SL to fix that and help them cope. Others just feel like they have a family because they fight together, chat together, party together, and poke fun about stuff with each other.

 That picture is of me and Spike, my big brother. He's taught me alot of what I know and dealt with alot of crap from me and for me. He and I, as far as my memory serves, have only had one very big parting, but for matters of my own reason I won't go into those. That's the past and I won't look back at that murky time because it was in the future when he came back and picked me out of the lowest depths that matters.


That is my entire clan (Well, mostly) We've gotten alot bigger since =^^= But you see, we're all a quirky little family that puts up with each other's craziness. And of course, the crazy discussions are all I need to have a great day. Last night and early this morning reminded me of just why they are my family and that bond is something that can't be replaced. That reason: They accept me and, as quoted by my Big sis Synthya and my bro Ky, they'll love me for me. And I will cherish them and defend them with all my heart. Because that is family.

So I've had my mushy moment, now it's off I go till next time!

Ellie~

No comments:

Post a Comment